Jaime is a Registered Provisional Psychologist and a certified member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association. With over fifteen years experience counselling in various community and health care settings, she has worked with children, youth, families, couples, and individuals. Working primarily in small communities, she has gained diverse experience with a variety of issues including, depression, anxiety, addictions, trauma, personality disorders, grief, and relationship challenges.
Her extensive training and experience includes: certificate in Addiction studies and experience working with concurrent disorders; training in dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT) and other mindfulness therapies; completed training in basic EDMR and advanced somatic EMDR to assist in healing around symptoms of trauma, dissociation, anxiety, chronic pain, and addictions.
Jaime holds a holistic view of counselling and has completed a two-year training in Hakomi body-centered psychotherapy which integrates the principles of mindfulness, nonviolence, organicity, unity, and mind-body connection into her work. She is also a certified yoga teacher, specializing in trauma-sensitive yoga, yoga for mental health, and the integration of yoga and psychology.
Jaime values the importance of working collaboratively within a therapeutic relationship and her calm nature provides an open and safe counselling environment. She believes every individual has a natural capacity to heal towards their true nature and integrates these strengths into the therapeutic process.
Jaime enjoys nature, especially her pets, and loves spending her free time in the mountains and backcountry with family and friends. Jaime has travelled extensively and finds experiencing new cultures ignites her passion for life.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
· M.A. – Masters of Counselling Psychology, Athabasca University
· Addictions Counselling Certificate – Mt Royal University
· Hakomi Body-Centred psychotherapy two year professional training
· Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Level 1 Certificate Counsellor Preparation
· Somatic EMDR Advance training Level 1
· Flash EMDR technique
· Synergetic Play Therapy Nine Month Training
· Emotional Focused Therapy
· Certified Hypnotherapist
· Dialectical Behavioural Therapy training – Linehan Institute
· Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST)
· Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Level 1 Clinical Training
· College of Alberta Psychologists
· Canadian Psychologists Association member
· Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association